Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Aussie Invasion?



We've all heard of a British invasion but an Aussie Invasion? As I was walking through the mall, I noticed Australian based stores that we don't give enough credit to:



Image via Photobucket

Uggs are probably the most well known comfortable and warm shoes that have most likely gotten many of us through some chilly weather. For me, my Uggs are an essential pair of shoes to take wherever I go. They are my go-to shoes for Black Friday, my grocery runs, bikini caroling (oh college =P), or just simply trying to keep my toes from freezing off. Australia, pure brilliance =)


Image via Karrinyup

I have recently discovered Cotton On in a nearby mall. I had always wondered what was inside this store but always passed it by. One day, I got adventurous and decided to take a look. I was rewarded with Cotton On's wide selection of affordable clothing. They had a plethora of basics which one should always stock up on (you know, that simple shirt that you can just throw on in the morning, yet still look fabulous in with such little effort). The best part of all was their sale section with prices ranging from $5-$20. Who can turn down a $5 shirt?? Australia, you're amazing =)



Diva was also another recent discovery for me. This cute, little jewelry store had accessories for every occasion. The jewelry is divided into different themes that fit every personality of every person whether you are a rocker-chick or a girly-girl. You've done it again, Australia =)


Image via Photobucket

Gilly Hicks is another rewarding discovery with beach-like wear reminiscent of stores like Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch. They have a lovely collection of lingerie that line the walls of the store with many different styles for you to choose from. Their fitting room is like sitting inside a lounge with your own couch and dresser of bras to try on. Australia, you never fail to impress.

So there's some cool things that have come from an down under that you should definitely check out. I think it's right to say Thank you, Australia.

3 comments:

  1. We shouldn't forget Yvonne Strahovski. She holds the heart of many a Chuck fan. ;) Need I remind you that she's Aussie too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that show! She's amazing =) There are so many talented Aussie actors/actresses =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never see myself wearing Uggs. haha I think that's probably one of the few things I know that are from Australia :P

    xx The Little Dust Princess

    ReplyDelete